Jefferies Cuts Price Target as Manchester United plc (MANU) Focuses on Improvements
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Manchester United (NYSE: MANU), and cut the price target to $20.00 (from $21.00), as the club focuses on improvements. MANU has invested heavily in the summer transfer window, acquiring four key players. Based on press reports, we estimate that total fees could exceed £150M.
Analyst John Janedis commented, "After finishing outside of the top four in the '15/'16 season, MANU has focused on making several improvements to the club, including hiring a new manager and investing heavily in the summer transfer window. Although the window is not yet closed, we are adjusting our estimates for the impact of higher wages / player cap ex. Overall, we are lowering our F17 adj. EBITDA to £180M (from £204M)."
Shares of Manchester United closed at $16.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Microsoft (MSFT): Still Grossly Overvalued - Jefferies
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!