Jefferies Cuts Price Target as Manchester United plc (MANU) Focuses on Improvements
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Manchester United (NYSE: MANU), and cut the price target to $20.00 (from $21.00), as the club focuses on improvements. MANU has invested heavily in the summer transfer window, acquiring four key players. Based on press reports, we estimate that total fees could exceed £150M.
Analyst John Janedis commented, "After finishing outside of the top four in the '15/'16 season, MANU has focused on making several improvements to the club, including hiring a new manager and investing heavily in the summer transfer window. Although the window is not yet closed, we are adjusting our estimates for the impact of higher wages / player cap ex. Overall, we are lowering our F17 adj. EBITDA to £180M (from £204M)."
Shares of Manchester United closed at $16.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Green Dot (GDOT) PT Raised to $32 at Jefferies; Reiterates Buy
- Cree (CREE) PT Raised to $23 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!