Jefferies Cuts Price Target as Manchester United plc (MANU) Focuses on Improvements
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Manchester United (NYSE: MANU), and cut the price target to $20.00 (from $21.00), as the club focuses on improvements. MANU has invested heavily in the summer transfer window, acquiring four key players. Based on press reports, we estimate that total fees could exceed £150M.
Analyst John Janedis commented, "After finishing outside of the top four in the '15/'16 season, MANU has focused on making several improvements to the club, including hiring a new manager and investing heavily in the summer transfer window. Although the window is not yet closed, we are adjusting our estimates for the impact of higher wages / player cap ex. Overall, we are lowering our F17 adj. EBITDA to £180M (from £204M)."
Shares of Manchester United closed at $16.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!