Jefferies Cuts Numbers on Lululemon (LULU) Amid Still Elevated Promotions
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst Randal Konik cut estimates and his price target on Hold-rated Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) to $61.00 (from $76.00) as data shows still elevated promotions, which threatens gross margins.
Konik commented, "The SKU count in the "We Made Too Much" section has been rising since May with an acceleration over the past few weeks, and escalated further last week. On 10/13/16 LULU added a significant amount of product to the clearance section (driving total clearance SKUs to over 300 from 239 in the prior week) and sent an uncharacteristic email blast to customers. SKUs were elevated vs. recent weeks and precedent online clearance events, esp. in Women's Tops, a major push for LULU as of late."
The firm is lowering 3Q'17 SSS (CC, inc. e-comm) to 4% (from 5%) and EPS to $0.42 (from $0.44). Thjey are also lowering 4Q'17 SSS to 3% (from 4%) and EPS to $0.98 (from $1.00). EPS estimates move to $2.07 and $2.45 for FY'17 and FY'18, respectively.
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $57.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canaccord Genuity Thinks Athleisure Apparel has Peaked and Cuts Lululemon (LULU) to 'Sell'
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Randal Konik
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!