Jefferies Cuts Numbers on Lululemon (LULU) Amid Still Elevated Promotions
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst Randal Konik cut estimates and his price target on Hold-rated Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) to $61.00 (from $76.00) as data shows still elevated promotions, which threatens gross margins.
Konik commented, "The SKU count in the "We Made Too Much" section has been rising since May with an acceleration over the past few weeks, and escalated further last week. On 10/13/16 LULU added a significant amount of product to the clearance section (driving total clearance SKUs to over 300 from 239 in the prior week) and sent an uncharacteristic email blast to customers. SKUs were elevated vs. recent weeks and precedent online clearance events, esp. in Women's Tops, a major push for LULU as of late."
The firm is lowering 3Q'17 SSS (CC, inc. e-comm) to 4% (from 5%) and EPS to $0.42 (from $0.44). Thjey are also lowering 4Q'17 SSS to 3% (from 4%) and EPS to $0.98 (from $1.00). EPS estimates move to $2.07 and $2.45 for FY'17 and FY'18, respectively.
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $57.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Randal Konik
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!