Jefferies Cuts Numbers on Lululemon (LULU) Amid Still Elevated Promotions
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst Randal Konik cut estimates and his price target on Hold-rated Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) to $61.00 (from $76.00) as data shows still elevated promotions, which threatens gross margins.
Konik commented, "The SKU count in the "We Made Too Much" section has been rising since May with an acceleration over the past few weeks, and escalated further last week. On 10/13/16 LULU added a significant amount of product to the clearance section (driving total clearance SKUs to over 300 from 239 in the prior week) and sent an uncharacteristic email blast to customers. SKUs were elevated vs. recent weeks and precedent online clearance events, esp. in Women's Tops, a major push for LULU as of late."
The firm is lowering 3Q'17 SSS (CC, inc. e-comm) to 4% (from 5%) and EPS to $0.42 (from $0.44). Thjey are also lowering 4Q'17 SSS to 3% (from 4%) and EPS to $0.98 (from $1.00). EPS estimates move to $2.07 and $2.45 for FY'17 and FY'18, respectively.
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $57.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Jefferies Upgrades Williams Companies (WMB) to Buy
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) PT Raised to $110 at Aegis Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Randal Konik
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!