Jefferies Cuts Estimates on Medtronic (MDT) Following 2Q Report
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT), and cut the price target to $88.00 (from $100.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Guidance was cut as MDT had been calling for revenue growth in the upper half of mid-single digit growth and EPS of $4.60-$4.70 for 2017. EPS guidance was cut to $4.55-$4.60.
Analyst Raj Denhoy commented, "Medtronic’s weak 2Q set back almost a year of progress for the company. Sales growth was just +3%, with US growth just +1%. The recent strong product cycles have waned and the company finds itself in a slower period before new things kick in. Our numbers and PT come down but there is still enough upside to keep us at Buy."
Shares of Medtronic, Inc. closed at $73.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!