Jefferies Boosts PT on Radius Health (RDUS) to $46 Amid Solid Physician Poll Data
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies boosts its price target on Hold-rated Radius Health (Nasdaq: RDUS) from $37 to $46 today following recent physician poll results.
Analyst Eun Yang commented,
Our physician poll shows convenient abalo-TD patch for osteoporosis, if successful, would increase abalo use by ~25-30% (vs. injectable abalo-SC). Given abalo-TD patch late-breaker presentation on 9/19/16 and likely positive bioequivalence data, we raise estimates and target, but the impact isn’t enough to justify a Buy. While we don't take a strong view on recent M&A speculation, some rumored buyers don't seem a right fit, in our view.
Ahead of first human PK data for RDUS’ optimized abalo-TD patch for PMO, we conducted a poll of 27 U.S. rheumatologists/endocrinologists to assess potential market expansion of abalo franchise, if successfully developed. With abalo-TD patch data in a late-breaker oral session at ASBMR on 9/19/16, we/Street assume positive data (although how good the data would be is debatable), warranting further development for potential approval. Daily SC injectable formulation of abalo (abalo-SC) is under regulatory reviews (PDUFA date 3/30/17).
Poll results show abalo-TD patch would increase physicians' utilization of abaloparatide by ~25-30% on improved convenience (vs. abalo-SC alone). Although a clear development path to approval is yet-to-be defined for abalo-TD patch, if bioequivalence data (vs. abalo-SC) are positive, we assume a likely shortened path to approval (potentially entering the market in ~2018-2019).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!