Jefferies Boosts PT on Radius Health (RDUS) to $46 Amid Solid Physician Poll Data
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies boosts its price target on Hold-rated Radius Health (Nasdaq: RDUS) from $37 to $46 today following recent physician poll results.
Analyst Eun Yang commented,
Our physician poll shows convenient abalo-TD patch for osteoporosis, if successful, would increase abalo use by ~25-30% (vs. injectable abalo-SC). Given abalo-TD patch late-breaker presentation on 9/19/16 and likely positive bioequivalence data, we raise estimates and target, but the impact isn’t enough to justify a Buy. While we don't take a strong view on recent M&A speculation, some rumored buyers don't seem a right fit, in our view.
Ahead of first human PK data for RDUS’ optimized abalo-TD patch for PMO, we conducted a poll of 27 U.S. rheumatologists/endocrinologists to assess potential market expansion of abalo franchise, if successfully developed. With abalo-TD patch data in a late-breaker oral session at ASBMR on 9/19/16, we/Street assume positive data (although how good the data would be is debatable), warranting further development for potential approval. Daily SC injectable formulation of abalo (abalo-SC) is under regulatory reviews (PDUFA date 3/30/17).
Poll results show abalo-TD patch would increase physicians' utilization of abaloparatide by ~25-30% on improved convenience (vs. abalo-SC alone). Although a clear development path to approval is yet-to-be defined for abalo-TD patch, if bioequivalence data (vs. abalo-SC) are positive, we assume a likely shortened path to approval (potentially entering the market in ~2018-2019).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!