Jefferies Boosts PT on Radius Health (RDUS) to $46 Amid Solid Physician Poll Data
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies boosts its price target on Hold-rated Radius Health (Nasdaq: RDUS) from $37 to $46 today following recent physician poll results.
Analyst Eun Yang commented,
Our physician poll shows convenient abalo-TD patch for osteoporosis, if successful, would increase abalo use by ~25-30% (vs. injectable abalo-SC). Given abalo-TD patch late-breaker presentation on 9/19/16 and likely positive bioequivalence data, we raise estimates and target, but the impact isn’t enough to justify a Buy. While we don't take a strong view on recent M&A speculation, some rumored buyers don't seem a right fit, in our view.
Ahead of first human PK data for RDUS’ optimized abalo-TD patch for PMO, we conducted a poll of 27 U.S. rheumatologists/endocrinologists to assess potential market expansion of abalo franchise, if successfully developed. With abalo-TD patch data in a late-breaker oral session at ASBMR on 9/19/16, we/Street assume positive data (although how good the data would be is debatable), warranting further development for potential approval. Daily SC injectable formulation of abalo (abalo-SC) is under regulatory reviews (PDUFA date 3/30/17).
Poll results show abalo-TD patch would increase physicians' utilization of abaloparatide by ~25-30% on improved convenience (vs. abalo-SC alone). Although a clear development path to approval is yet-to-be defined for abalo-TD patch, if bioequivalence data (vs. abalo-SC) are positive, we assume a likely shortened path to approval (potentially entering the market in ~2018-2019).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!