Jefferies Affirms Boeing (BA) at 'Buy' Following Receipt of $2.8B DoD Contract Modification for KC-46 Tanker
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies affirms Boeing (NYSE: BA) at Buy with a price target of $165 following news that the DoD awarded the company a $2.81 billion contract for 19 LRIP KC-46 aircraft.
The firm commented today:
The award obligates the full $2.8 billion, which will fund the assembly of the aircraft. At the end of the second quarter of 2016, the company had capitalized precontract costs of $1.56 billion, largely related to the KC-46 Tanker. The award recognizes the company has completed the testing for the plane to perform its mission. We would expect that serial production of the aircraft should be accomplished with far less disruption than was experienced during the development program. In time, we believe the plane can be used for other applications that could range from cargo to ISR. Current plans call for the company to build 179 of the aircraft. The Pratt & Whitney unit of United Technologies supplies the engines.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!