Janney Sees Potential DepoMed (DEPO) Court Decision Delay
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Janney Montgomery Scott analyst Ken Trbovich said with the Court's self-imposed Sep. 30th deadline for DepoMed (NASDAQ: DEPO) patent litigation fast approaching, there is rising risk of delay. While the analyst remains positive on the stock overall, he warns a delay may lead to downside pressure on the stock.
Trbovich commented, "Investors have waited for four months for the District Court decision in DEPO's patent litigation with generic filers; however, with the Court's self-imposed Sep. 30th deadline fast approaching, there is rising risk of delay. We see a delay as a possibility because the judge in this case was slow in issuing the Markman Decision in February, and waited until nearly reaching the expiration of the initial 30-month stay before issuing an order to extend the stay in May. DEPO continues to expect a final, written decision from the Court on, or before, Sep. 30th. While we still like the prospects for a positive decision to increase the perceived value of DEPO's Nucynta franchise in the public markets, and DEPO's relative attractiveness as a takeout candidate, we caution investors that a delay may lead to downside pressure on the stock."
The firm maintained a Buy rating and fair value target of $28.
Shares of DepoMed Inc closed at $24.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Litigation, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJanney Montgomery Scott
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!