Janney Sees Potential DepoMed (DEPO) Court Decision Delay
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Janney Montgomery Scott analyst Ken Trbovich said with the Court's self-imposed Sep. 30th deadline for DepoMed (NASDAQ: DEPO) patent litigation fast approaching, there is rising risk of delay. While the analyst remains positive on the stock overall, he warns a delay may lead to downside pressure on the stock.
Trbovich commented, "Investors have waited for four months for the District Court decision in DEPO's patent litigation with generic filers; however, with the Court's self-imposed Sep. 30th deadline fast approaching, there is rising risk of delay. We see a delay as a possibility because the judge in this case was slow in issuing the Markman Decision in February, and waited until nearly reaching the expiration of the initial 30-month stay before issuing an order to extend the stay in May. DEPO continues to expect a final, written decision from the Court on, or before, Sep. 30th. While we still like the prospects for a positive decision to increase the perceived value of DEPO's Nucynta franchise in the public markets, and DEPO's relative attractiveness as a takeout candidate, we caution investors that a delay may lead to downside pressure on the stock."
The firm maintained a Buy rating and fair value target of $28.
Shares of DepoMed Inc closed at $24.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cantor Fitzgerald Defends Corbus Pharmaceuticals (CRBP) Following Short Report
- UBS Raises Price Target on Greenhill & Co. (GHL) to $17; Reiterates Sell
- Street Watchdog Research Cautious on Netflix (NFLX); Sets $85 PT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Litigation, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJanney Montgomery Scott
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!