Janney Montgomery Scott Reiterates Buy as Court Rules in Favor of Depomed (DEPO)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Janney Montgomery Scott reiterated a Buy rating on DepoMed Inc (NASDAQ: DEPO), and raised the price target to $31.00 (from $28.00), following a court ruling in favor of the company. The Court issued an Order in favor of DEPO in its patent litigation against and secures Nucynta through 2025.
Analyst Ken Trbovich commented, "Last Friday, near market close, the Court issued an Order in favor of DEPO in its patent litigation against all three generic filers for DEPO's Nucynta franchise. The Court upheld the validity of DEPO's formulation (2023) and polymorph (2025) patents, and found all three filers infringed both patents. The third patent (method of use expiring in 2028), was found to be valid; however, two of the three filers do not infringe this patent. While the Court's decision is subject to appeal to the Federal Circuit Court, a reversal on appeal is typically not likely. As a result, the patents on Nucynta are expected to effectively protect the franchise from generic competition through Dec. 27, 2025. We reiterate our Buy rating and raise our fair value estimate from $28 to $31."
Shares of DepoMed Inc closed at $24.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Litigation
Related EntitiesJanney Montgomery Scott
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!