Janney Montgomery Scott Reiterates Buy as Court Rules in Favor of Depomed (DEPO)
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Janney Montgomery Scott reiterated a Buy rating on DepoMed Inc (NASDAQ: DEPO), and raised the price target to $31.00 (from $28.00), following a court ruling in favor of the company. The Court issued an Order in favor of DEPO in its patent litigation against and secures Nucynta through 2025.
Analyst Ken Trbovich commented, "Last Friday, near market close, the Court issued an Order in favor of DEPO in its patent litigation against all three generic filers for DEPO's Nucynta franchise. The Court upheld the validity of DEPO's formulation (2023) and polymorph (2025) patents, and found all three filers infringed both patents. The third patent (method of use expiring in 2028), was found to be valid; however, two of the three filers do not infringe this patent. While the Court's decision is subject to appeal to the Federal Circuit Court, a reversal on appeal is typically not likely. As a result, the patents on Nucynta are expected to effectively protect the franchise from generic competition through Dec. 27, 2025. We reiterate our Buy rating and raise our fair value estimate from $28 to $31."
Shares of DepoMed Inc closed at $24.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- Depomed (DEPO) 'Clearly' on Purdue Pharma Radar - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Litigation
Related EntitiesJanney Montgomery Scott
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!