JPMorgan Defends GoPro (GPRO) on Sell-Off
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JPMorgan analyst Paul Coster came out to defend GoPro (NASDAQ: GPRO) which is lower following a note from Piper Jaffray this morning highlighting that the company is not shipping to Amazon currently. Coster believes the sell-off represents a buying opportunity.
Coster said they believe this hiatus originates in a commercial dialog between GoPro and Amazon that "probably gets resolved by the end of the month and before the start of the holiday-season ramp." He also notes the hiatus does not apply to international Amazon sales.
The analyst said assuming said Amazon represents ~10% of sales, the one month impact would be 30K units through this channel, or less than $10 million in GoPro sales.
Coster said the decision to forego the Amazon channel for one month is a voluntary move on the part of GoPro. This likely means prortionately higher sales are going through the GoPro online store, which commands higher margins than other channels.
Based on a conversation with the company this morning, they believe GPRO will start shipping the Hero 5 into Amazon
in November, and ahead of the critical 6-week holiday period. Separately, Karma drones will be supply-constrained at the get go, so they expect the product to be allocated selectively to channel partners.
The firm reiterated an Overweight rating and price target of $16 on GPRO.
Shares of GoPro closed at $14.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GoPro (GPRO) Drone Shipment Estimates Raised At Pacific Crest
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Sanchez Energy (SN) to Buy
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Columbia Property Trust (CXP) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, JPMorgan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!