JPMorgan (JPM): Notes From Meeting With Jamie Dimon - Oppenheimer
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Chris Kotowski, reiterated his Perform rating on shares of JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) after meeting with Jamie Dimon. He was struck by Dimon's ability to combine intense passion about his company and certain industry issues with a measured steadiness and conservatism. However, it was not enough to divert the analyst from his opinion on the stock that "at ~11.1x our 2017 EPS estimate and ~1.3x TBV, we believe the shares are reasonably priced, but not quite the bargain that they were even in the fairly recent past".
When asked about FICC trading, Mr Dimon responded that he thought about a third of the decline was relating to products that had been cut or severely curtailed after the crisis: CDOs/CLOs, sub-prime mortgages, exotic and longdated derivatives. The rest of the decline, however, could be attributed to "normal spread compression".
Regarding the consumer business, despite the $900 million negative impact from renegotiated credit card co branding, Dimon didn't think that the business would be completely commoditized. This is why they had invested in Chase Pay and other initiatives. Scale, brand and technology are all success factors, and he thought Chase's were as good or better than anyone's.
The analyst does not have a formal price target on shares of JPM.
Shares of JPMorgan closed at $66.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan (JPM) names Orssten head of EMEA debt capital markets - Bloomberg
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Jamie Dimon
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!