Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) PT Lifted to $46 at Piper Jaffray
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Joshua Schimmer reiterated an Overweight rating and raised his price target on Ionis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IONS) to $46.00 (from $36.00) following Q2 earnings and an update on its antisense pipeline.
Schimmer commented, "The company provided some color on nusinersen for the treatment of infants with Type I spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) as it transitions the program to Biogen, ahead of regulatory applications in the U.S. and E.U. in the coming months. The second half of 2016 holds multiple catalysts for IONS as it shifts its pipeline towards lica and generation 2.5 chemistry and advances its programs toward a regulatory pathway. The company affirmed its financial guidance and reported cash and cash equivalents totaling $664M. We reiterate our OW rating and increase our PT from $35 to $46 as we increase the nusinersen royalty to reflect increases we made to sales in our BIIB model (our terminal growth assumption was lowered from 7% to 6.5% and the discount rate of 11.5% is unchanged)."
Shares of Ionis Pharmaceuticals closed at $36.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Joshua Schimmer
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!