Ionis Pharma (IONS): nusinersen Potential Is Large Enough to Support Much of the Current Valuation - Piper Jaffray
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Joshua Schimmer, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Ionis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IONS) along with the price target of $46. The analyst sees a particularly bright future now anchored around nusinersen for SMA which is licensed to BIIB but potentially a big enough product that even a 10-15% royalty to IONS could support much of the current valuation.
Shares are likely to be volatile around nusinersen updates vs ones for AVXS and its rapidly emerging gene therapy, but the analyst believes nusinersen has enough of a head start in infantile onset SMA and a very clear head start in childhood SMA to stay ahead of the race, although the coming years should be informative.
Beyond nusinersen, the analyst sees a compelling antisense platform that is very misunderstood by investors who focus on side effects that are either of minimal clinical relevance or will be obviated by the improving chemistry. IONS is a top mid-cap pick.
Shares of Ionis Pharmaceuticals closed at $35.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) PT Lowered to $99 at UBS Following 4Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Joshua Schimmer
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!