Ionis Pharma (IONS): Data Presentations Increase Confidence - BMO
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Do Kim, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Ionis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IONS) after Ionis and Avexis had key data presentations at the 2016 World Muscle Society (MWS), where both Nusinersen and AVX-101 showed impressive diseasealtering improvements in a previously untreatable disorder.
The analyst believes Nusinersen's Phase II NURTURE study in pre-symptomatic patients supports nearly normal development (no events) of type 1 patients, similar to Avexis's Phase I data. The analyst believes NURTURE could bridge any efficacy difference seen between the two drugs. Upcoming key catalysts will be AXVS-101 Phase III study design and Nusinersen's approval timing. No change to the price target of $48.
Shares of Ionis Pharmaceuticals closed at $34.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades MSC Industrial (MSM) to Neutral, Sees "Green Shoots Of A Recovery"
- Oppenheimer Upgrades Agios Pharma (AGIO) to Outperform
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Boyd Gaming (BYD) to Overweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, S1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!