Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): Checks Indicate Longer Tail On dv Hernia Than Originally Thought - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Richard Newitter, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG) after checks indicated dv Hernia is still on the steep part of the adoption curve.
This weekend the analyst attended the 2nd Annual Global Symposium on Robotic-Assisted and Minimally Invasive Hernia Repair in NYC. The analyst left incrementally more positive on the adoption outlook for ISRG’s robotic (dv) hernia category and has increased confidence that dv Hernia can remain a growth engine and (upside driver) for ISRG’s gen surgery division, especially given low current robotic penetration at < 5% and overall Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) hernia penetration is still just at ~25%.
Despite the positive implications of the announcement there is no change to the price target of $780.
Shares of Intuitive Surgical closed at $686.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Pepsi (PEP) to $122; Reiterates Buy
- Stifel Cuts Price Target as Vectrus Inc (VEC) Loses Army Contract
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!