Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): Checks Indicate Longer Tail On dv Hernia Than Originally Thought - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Richard Newitter, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG) after checks indicated dv Hernia is still on the steep part of the adoption curve.
This weekend the analyst attended the 2nd Annual Global Symposium on Robotic-Assisted and Minimally Invasive Hernia Repair in NYC. The analyst left incrementally more positive on the adoption outlook for ISRG’s robotic (dv) hernia category and has increased confidence that dv Hernia can remain a growth engine and (upside driver) for ISRG’s gen surgery division, especially given low current robotic penetration at < 5% and overall Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) hernia penetration is still just at ~25%.
Despite the positive implications of the announcement there is no change to the price target of $780.
Shares of Intuitive Surgical closed at $686.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!