Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): Checks Indicate Longer Tail On dv Hernia Than Originally Thought - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Richard Newitter, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG) after checks indicated dv Hernia is still on the steep part of the adoption curve.
This weekend the analyst attended the 2nd Annual Global Symposium on Robotic-Assisted and Minimally Invasive Hernia Repair in NYC. The analyst left incrementally more positive on the adoption outlook for ISRG’s robotic (dv) hernia category and has increased confidence that dv Hernia can remain a growth engine and (upside driver) for ISRG’s gen surgery division, especially given low current robotic penetration at < 5% and overall Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) hernia penetration is still just at ~25%.
Despite the positive implications of the announcement there is no change to the price target of $780.
Shares of Intuitive Surgical closed at $686.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Prudential Financial (PRU) Garners Spot on Goldman Sachs's Conviction Buy List
- BlackBerry (BBRY): Risk To Consensus Revenue Estimates - Wells Fargo
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Red Hat (RHT) Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!