Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) PT Cut to $29 at Leerink Partners Amid ITI-007 Failure
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Seamus Fernandez slashed his price target on Intra-Cellular Therapies (NASDAQ: ITCI) to $29.00 (from $95.00) but maintained an Outperform rating on the disappointing result that ITCI's leading drug candidate, ITI-007, failed to separate from placebo in the second Ph 3 schizophrenia study. Neither the 60 nor the 20mg arm differed from placebo on the primary endpoint (PANSS) total score; however, the 4mg risperidone active control arm showed a significant improvement.
Fernandez commented, "ITCI mgmt attribute the study failure to an "unusually high" placebo response. Furthermore, mgmt indicated that with 2 out of the 3 large studies of ITI-007 in schizophrenia demonstrating clear efficacy (Ph2 and 1st Ph3 trials), the company will work with FDA to discuss next steps, including a pot'l regulatory path for ITI-007. We believe the after-market stock reaction, trading at near cash (~$13-14/shr; ~$442M cash and equivalent at the end of 2Q16), is overdone. With a pot'l option to file and Ph3 trials in other CNS indications underway (e.g., bipolar depression and behavior disturbances), we believe that ITI-007 should not be assumed dead as the stock price implies."
Shares of Intra-Cellular Therapies closed at $42.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macquarie Downgrades SCANA Corp (SCG) to Neutral, Says "We Don't Want To Push Our Luck"
- Targa Resources (TRGP) PT Raised to $65 at Credit Suisse
- Facebook (FB) Q4 Estimates, PT Raised At Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesThe Children's Investment Fund (TCI)
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!