Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) PT Cut to $29 at Leerink Partners Amid ITI-007 Failure
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst Seamus Fernandez slashed his price target on Intra-Cellular Therapies (NASDAQ: ITCI) to $29.00 (from $95.00) but maintained an Outperform rating on the disappointing result that ITCI's leading drug candidate, ITI-007, failed to separate from placebo in the second Ph 3 schizophrenia study. Neither the 60 nor the 20mg arm differed from placebo on the primary endpoint (PANSS) total score; however, the 4mg risperidone active control arm showed a significant improvement.
Fernandez commented, "ITCI mgmt attribute the study failure to an "unusually high" placebo response. Furthermore, mgmt indicated that with 2 out of the 3 large studies of ITI-007 in schizophrenia demonstrating clear efficacy (Ph2 and 1st Ph3 trials), the company will work with FDA to discuss next steps, including a pot'l regulatory path for ITI-007. We believe the after-market stock reaction, trading at near cash (~$13-14/shr; ~$442M cash and equivalent at the end of 2Q16), is overdone. With a pot'l option to file and Ph3 trials in other CNS indications underway (e.g., bipolar depression and behavior disturbances), we believe that ITI-007 should not be assumed dead as the stock price implies."
Shares of Intra-Cellular Therapies closed at $42.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Proofpoint (PFPT): Separating From The Pack - Wedbush
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesThe Children's Investment Fund (TCI)
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!