Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) PT Cut to $22 at Piper Jaffray; Thinks Trial Not Drug a Failure
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Charles Duncan slashed his price target on Intra-Cellular Therapies (NASDAQ: ITCI) to $22.00 (from $57.00) after the company announced that its second P3 in schizophrenia failed to meet the primary endpoint, with ‘007 generating improvements in the PANSS that were over-shadowed by a higher-than-expected placebo response. The analyst maintained an Overweight rating.
The analyst thinks the trial was a failure not the drug.
Duncan commented, "We expect sentiment for this name to be challenged for the next ~6mos, pending further data and the outcome of an FDA meeting, and are cutting our PT to $22. However despite execution-related issues with 302, we believe '007 is still a viable, differentiated drug candidate for treating psychosis and other symptoms. We continue to see a regulatory path forward in schizophrenia, with options including another trial or submission on the current data - with/without bipolar. Overall, while there is heightened risk and reduced visibility in the near-term for ITI-007, we see the current down draft (the stock traded at ~$14 after hours) as a buying opportunity for patient investors. We reiterate OW in advance of regulatory/data updates which may come as soon as early ‘17."
Shares of Intra-Cellular Therapies closed at $42.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- UBS Raises Price Target on Greenhill & Co. (GHL) to $17; Reiterates Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, The Children's Investment Fund (TCI), Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!