International Paper (IP) Said to Increase Containerboard Prices by $50/Ton Effective October 1 - Deutsche Bank
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 25, 2016 1:43 PM EDT)
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is increasing containerboard prices by $50/ton effective October 1st, according to Deutsche Bank analyst Debbie Jones, citing reliable trade contacts.
"Reliable trade contacts have reported that International Paper is increasing containerboard prices by $50/ton effective October 1st. We are not aware of similar moves from other producers, but we suspect additional announcements would come. While many investors have asked about this potential in recent weeks, we don’t believe a successful price increase is currently built into consensus estimates. We would expect the group to rally on this news. Having the number one domestic producer (IP has ~34% share) lends significant credibility to the attempt. We expect announcements at the box level would follow over the next few weeks," said Jones.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Quantenna Communications (QTNA) IPO Opens at $16.80/Share
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Conmed (CNMD) to $43; Reiterates Market Perform
- AMD (AMD) Shares on Watch as M&A Rumor Source Questioned (ORCL)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!