International Paper (IP) Said to Increase Containerboard Prices by $50/Ton Effective October 1 - Deutsche Bank
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - August 25, 2016 1:43 PM EDT)
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is increasing containerboard prices by $50/ton effective October 1st, according to Deutsche Bank analyst Debbie Jones, citing reliable trade contacts.
"Reliable trade contacts have reported that International Paper is increasing containerboard prices by $50/ton effective October 1st. We are not aware of similar moves from other producers, but we suspect additional announcements would come. While many investors have asked about this potential in recent weeks, we don’t believe a successful price increase is currently built into consensus estimates. We would expect the group to rally on this news. Having the number one domestic producer (IP has ~34% share) lends significant credibility to the attempt. We expect announcements at the box level would follow over the next few weeks," said Jones.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Weakens as CEO Retirement Said to Hint That Sale is Off
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades Square (SQ) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!