Intercept Pharma (ICPT): AASLD Meeting Takeaway - Needham
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Alan Carr, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Intercept Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ICPT) after the company presented additional analyses of Ocaliva clinical data as well as preclinical INT-767 data at recent AASLD mtg. Behind Genfit and Intercept, several companies are bringing new candidates forward in NAFLD/ NASH and have begun presenting clinical data.
The analyst believes multiple candidates have an encouraging impact on some histology parameters, but it is too early to tell if any will emerge as viable safe and effective drugs. The analyst stated "we note Intercept and Tobira/ Allergan have shown statistically significant improvements in fibrosis and Gilead recently reported encouraging impact on fibrosis w/ selonsertib. A range of mechanisms are under exploration, including several non-steroidal FXR agonists. Although there were a large number of HCV presentations at the mtg, a shift towards NAFLD/ NASH is increasingly evident."
No change to the price target of $350.
Shares of Intercept Pharmaceuticals closed at $113.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Downgrades Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT) to Hold
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) PT Lowered to $49 at FIG Partners Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Alan Carr
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!