InterDigital (IDCC): Investor Day Preview, Raising PT - B.Riley
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
B. Riley analyst, Eric Wold, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of InterDigital Inc. (NASDAQ: IDCC) ahead of the Investor Day in New York City on 9/22. The analyst believes the company’s IoT (“Internet of Things”) royalty opportunity will be a focus of the Investor Day with management likely to frame IDCC’s IoT position in terms of the key OEM partnerships, expected royalty rates, inclusion in platform standards and overall revenue growth contribution potential. The analyst believes IDCC’s IoT royalty opportunity remains underappreciated in both consensus estimates and IDCC’s valuation, making this event a key positive catalyst to take IDCC shares to the next level.
IHS projections for nearly 6.0B cellular-connected devices installed by 2018 and IDCC’s strong patent position within the cellular segment bode well for the company. Even assuming IDCC gets agreements representing 50% of those devices with an average royalty rate of $0.015, this would still yield revenues of approximately $45MM to IDCC.
The analyst also increased his price target to $80 from $73.
Shares of InterDigital Inc. closed at $71.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $92 at Needham & Company Following Solid 1Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesB. Riley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!