Intel (INTC) Benefiting from Datacenter, Better PC and iPhone, Baird Says; PT to $42
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird analyst Tristan Gerra reiterated an Outperform rating and boosted estimates and his price target on Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) to $42.00 (from $40.00) after the company raised its Q3 revenue outlook.
The analyst notes the initial iPhone7 teardown shows Intel’s baseband inside and they estimate 40% market share and $12-$13 content. In addition, they continue to believe Intel will retain its market share position in the iPhone8. They believe engagement with Apple could eventually lead to a foundry partnership, a few years out.
"We think currently accelerating data center order momentum will help Intel’s outlook in 4Q and potentially continuing into 1Q17," Gerra commented. "Our initial PC unit outlook for 2017 is above consensus. Initial iPhone7 teardown shows Intel’s baseband inside. We continue to believe Intel will retain its market share position in the iPhone8, which should further and meaningfully reduce mobile losses in 2018."
The firm raised FY 2016 EPS from $2.00 to $2.05 and FY 2017 EPS from $2.42 to $2.45.
Shares of Intel closed at $36.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canaccord Genuity Cuts Price Target on Nike (NKE) to $52 Ahead of 1Q Report
- Jack in the Box (JACK): Raising PT To $115 - Oppenheimer
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Transocean (RIG) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!