Intel (INTC) Benefiting from Datacenter, Better PC and iPhone, Baird Says; PT to $42
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Baird analyst Tristan Gerra reiterated an Outperform rating and boosted estimates and his price target on Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) to $42.00 (from $40.00) after the company raised its Q3 revenue outlook.
The analyst notes the initial iPhone7 teardown shows Intel’s baseband inside and they estimate 40% market share and $12-$13 content. In addition, they continue to believe Intel will retain its market share position in the iPhone8. They believe engagement with Apple could eventually lead to a foundry partnership, a few years out.
"We think currently accelerating data center order momentum will help Intel’s outlook in 4Q and potentially continuing into 1Q17," Gerra commented. "Our initial PC unit outlook for 2017 is above consensus. Initial iPhone7 teardown shows Intel’s baseband inside. We continue to believe Intel will retain its market share position in the iPhone8, which should further and meaningfully reduce mobile losses in 2018."
The firm raised FY 2016 EPS from $2.00 to $2.05 and FY 2017 EPS from $2.42 to $2.45.
Shares of Intel closed at $36.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!