Intel (INTC): Fundamentals Still Improving Despite DCG Shortfall
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Tristan Gerra, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) after the company reported earnings that showed a slowdown in the data center group. The analyst believes that DCG's lowered outlook could weight on INTC shares for the rest of the year but longer-term improvement in fundamentals remain intact with a still-rising DCG mix, stabilization in PC comps, and further reductions in mobile losses all driving a sustainable resumption in earnings growth.
The analyst believes Intel will supply the iPhone8 as it retains its current 40% market share position, which should result in a continued decline in Intel's mobile losses in 2017.
No change to the price target of $42 but EPS drops by $0.03 to $2.02 for CY16.
Shares of Intel closed at $37.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Light Q4 Outlook; Enters New Licensing Agreements
- Newell Brands (NWL): Cutting PT - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!