Intel (INTC): Fundamentals Still Improving Despite DCG Shortfall
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird analyst, Tristan Gerra, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) after the company reported earnings that showed a slowdown in the data center group. The analyst believes that DCG's lowered outlook could weight on INTC shares for the rest of the year but longer-term improvement in fundamentals remain intact with a still-rising DCG mix, stabilization in PC comps, and further reductions in mobile losses all driving a sustainable resumption in earnings growth.
The analyst believes Intel will supply the iPhone8 as it retains its current 40% market share position, which should result in a continued decline in Intel's mobile losses in 2017.
No change to the price target of $42 but EPS drops by $0.03 to $2.02 for CY16.
Shares of Intel closed at $37.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Ahead of 4Q
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!