Insulet (PODD) Sales Momentum Appears Sustainable - Leerink; PT to $50
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst Danielle Antalffy reiterated an Outperform rating but trimmed her price target on Insulet Corporation (NASDAQ: PODD) to $50.00 (from $55.00) following strong results, saying momentum appears sustainable, with profitably close.
Antalffy commented, "Another strong quarter of outperformance supports our recent view that PODD is shaping up to be – if it isn’t already – one of the cleanest execution stories within our SMID-cap coverage universe. In 3Q16, PODD again reported a solid quarter of sales outperformance -- and now its 5th consecutive quarter of 20%+ new patient growth. Perhaps just as importantly, PODD delivered positive EBIT in the quarter. With CEO Sullivan now having “righted” the foundation of the company since taking the helm in September 2014, PODD, in our view, is now well positioned to sustain if not accelerate recent momentum across all businesses."
The analyst added, "PODD management did note that given what will be a sustainably-higher gross margin profile, there is additional flexibility for incremental investment in the business. While we reflect some of this incremental reinvestment from higher gross margins in our updated projections, we still believe there is substantial room for upside. And from a catalyst perspective, PODD's upcoming analyst meeting will lay out the company's path to ~$1B in sales, as well as ongoing drivers of margin expansion and pipeline."
Shares of Insulet Corporation closed at $30.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!