Insulet (PODD): Field Checks Indicate Longer Term Upside - Piper Jaffray
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Brooks West, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Insulet Corporation (NASDAQ: PODD) after the analyst attended the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) annual meeting over the weekend where he spoke with members of the diabetes technology industry, certified diabetes educators (CDEs) and patients with type I diabetes.
The analyst's checks on PODD indicate continued strength for the core OmniPod business as patients, educators and even direct competitors have not only noticed a meaningful uptick in product quality (significantly improved out-of-box failure rates which, in contrast, were as high as ~30% under prior management) as well as discernible improvements in the company’s end-to-end operations.
Coming off a strong 2Q print he sees upside to longer term estimates from both a share gain/new patient add perspective both in the US and abroad, in addition to a steady decline in the OmniPod attrition rates (currently ~9%).
No change to the price target of $52.
Shares of Insulet Corporation closed at $44.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Microsoft (MSFT) to $65 Following 1Q Beat
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Buy
- Susquehanna Cuts Price Target on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Following Strong 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Brooks West
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!