Incyte (INCY) PT Bumped to $115 at Leerink as Gilead's (GILD) Momelotinib Disappoints
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Michael Schmidt reiterated an Outperform rating and bumped his price target on Incyte (NASDAQ: INCY) to $115.00 (from $101.00) as Gilead Sciences' (NASDAQ: GILD) momelotinib disappoints.
Schmidt commented, "Today GILD (MP) reported top-line results from two Phase III studies evaluating momelotinib, its JAK1/2 inhibitor for patients with myelofibrosis (MF): SIMPLIFY-1 and SIMPLIFY-II. Results from both trials are disappointing, in our view making it highly unlikely that GILD would be able to obtain regulatory approval. Removal of this uncertainty on the revenue outlook of INCY's key commercial product (see our recent deep-dive here: LINK), combined with increasing prospects of a repatriation holiday should make the company more attractive as an acquisition target. While we assumed only a modest success probability for momelotinib, our prior scenario analysis suggested 7-22% downside potential to INCY's valuation in a rage of momelotinib success scenarios. Raising our PT to $115 (from $101)."
Shares of Incyte closed at $100.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!