Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Spirit Airlines (SAVE); Cuts 4Q Estimates
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Imperial Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ: SAVE), and raised the price target to $58.00 (from $51.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Imperial raised FY16 EPS estimates to $3.98 from $3.89 on better-than-expected 3Q16 earnings of $1.24 versus $1.08 estimate. 4Q16 EPS estimates were cut to $0.64 from $0.70 on higher fuel prices and $6.5mn pre-tax profit impact from Hurricane Matthew offsetting better than expected RASM.
Analyst Michael Derchin commented, "We are maintaining our Outperform rating and raising our estimates and one-year price target on SAVE shares to $58 from $51 on higher valuations due to improving unit revenue trends. Management is proving to be flexible and nimble in adjusting the already successful business model, in our opinion, such as implementing $5 surcharges per one-way trip during peak demand periods. Our price target is about 24% above the recent share price."
Shares of Spirit Airlines closed at $48.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Imperial Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!