Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Imperial Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Proofpoint (NASDAQ: PFPT), and raised the price target to $85.00 (from $83.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PFPT reported revenue of $99.8mn and adjusted EPS of $0.19, exceeding Street revenue estimates of 94.3mn and adjusted EPS estimates of 0.05. Billings grew approximately 40% yoy to $124.8mn, above previous guidance of $114-116mn.
Analyst Michael Kim commented, "We are maintaining our Outperform rating on PFPT shares and raising our one-year price target to $85 from $83 based on our higher outlook. Our price target implies potential upside of about 22% above recent levels. PFPT continued to deliver strong execution in 3Q16, with accelerating growth at scale. We believe PFPT remains well-positioned to capitalize on the migration to cloudbased solutions and gain substantial share against legacy vendors. Of particular note, operating leverage again exceeded our expectations and consensus, and we estimate free cash flow (FCF) margin will exceed 20% in FY17, up from 11% in FY16. Management additionally raised its FY17 revenue guidance, which we think is conservative based on recent billings trends. We look for potential upside from conversions of larger McAfee customers, international expansion, and emerging products (e.g., social media). We also expect increasing contribution from the acquisition of FireLayers, which brings advanced threat protection to software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications."
Shares of Proofpoint closed at $69.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Stifel Resumes Target (TGT) at Hold
- CSX (CSX) PT Raised to $51 at Citi as Hunter Harrison Makes Moves
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement, Imperial Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!