Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Parsley Energy (PE) to $40; Reiterates Outperform
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Imperial Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Parsley Energy (NYSE: PE), and raised the price target to $40.00 (from $34.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. The company has maintained a four rig program and its production sequentially grew 23% in 2Q16 with no new rigs. Over the next two years, PE estimates that adding one rig per year for two years would result in a 30% growth annual rate, or 60% if it grows by three rigs per year.
Analyst Kim Pacanovsky commented, "We are maintaining our Outperform rating and raising our one-year price target to $40 from $34 on PE shares, about 25% above the recent share price. On 8/3/16, PE delivered excellent 2Q16 earnings results with production far surpassing Street estimates (and our own) and operating costs continuing to materially decline. Spurred by these gains, management has elected to increase 2H16 activity by completing an extra 15 gross Midland Basin wells, with the midpoint of PE’s capex guidance rising 12% to $460-$510mn. We expect that 2016 production will increase by 71%, and with the addition of another two rigs in 2017, we estimate a 31% increase. PE remains a growth leader, and a low-cost leader, in its peer group."
Shares of Parsley Energy closed at $31.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Imperial Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!