Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Comstock Resources (CRK) to $8.50; Reiterates In-Line
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Imperial Capital reiterated an In-Line rating on Comstock Resources (NYSE: CRK), and raised the price target to $8.50 (from $3.75), reflecting a 1-for-5 reverse stock split in August. Imperial adjusted EPS estimates to ($12.37) from ($13.41). However, before Imperial would become more positive on the shares, analysts await early results from the restarted program, shareholder approval of the shares needed for conversion of the second lien debt, and the initiation of natural gas hedges that shows that management is willing to lock in a base amount of cash flow.
Analyst Kim Pacanovsky commented, "We are maintaining our In-Line rating on CRK shares and are adjusting our one-year price target to $8.50 from $3.75 (reflecting the 1-for-5 reverse stock split in August 2016), about 10% above the recent share price. CRK’s 1-for-5 reverse stock split and debt exchanges have given the company some breathing room as it returns the drillbit to action. With liquidity of $117mn and the return of a one-rig program occurring presently (with a second rig to immediately follow), we believe the company will see rapid production increases. We preliminarily expect 2017 production of just under 191mmcf/d, and note the company is preliminarily guiding to 207-229mmcf/d. Our more conservative estimate results in 39% year-over-year (yoy) gas production growth, along with an increase of $63mn in 2017 EBITDA vs our previous estimate."
Shares of Comstock Resources closed at $7.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Illumina (ILMN) Lower as Morgan Stanley Cuts Numbers, Sees Slow Growth Persisting
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesImperial Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!