Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Churchill Downs (CHDN) Ahead of 3Q Report
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil on track for first weekly loss in five weeks on strong dollar
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Imperial Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Churchill Downs (NASDAQ: CHDN), and raised the price target to $165.00 (from $145.00), ahead of the company's 3Q earnings report. For the third quarter, Imperial expects Churchill Downs to report a decline of 7.1% in EBITDA due entirely to the company continuing to invest in its Big Fish Games segment.
Analyst Gregg Klein commented, "We are maintaining our Outperform rating on CHDN shares while raising our one-year price target to $165 from $145, approximately 16% above the recent share price. The company is being valued at an 8.3x total enterprise value, based on our 2017 earnings estimates, which is slightly below the mean of the select gaming comparables that we analyze. We are valuing the CHDN shares on a sum-of-the-parts analysis, with multiples ranging from 7.5x for its casino division to 11.0x for Big Fish Games. Our one-year price target of $165 per share values the company at 9.0x our 2017E earnings, which we think is appropriate."
Shares of Churchill Downs closed at $142.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Imperial Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!