Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Imperial Capital reiterated an In-Line rating on American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL), and raised the price target to $43.00 (from $40.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. AAL reported EPS of $1.76, versus estimates of $1.65. The beat was driven by a better than anticipated RASM which declined 2.2% versus expectations for a decline of 4.0%. AAL expects November 2016 to January 2017 domestic RASM to be flat to modestly higher based on current booking trends, confirming commentary by its Big 3 peers.
Analyst Michael Derchin commented, "We are maintaining our In-Line rating and lowering our estimates on higher labor and fuel costs, but increasing our one-year price target on AAL shares to $43 from $40 on higher valuations due to improving unit revenue trends. We now estimate FY17 RASM will increase by 1.0% versus a decline of 1.0% previously. Our price target is about 6% above the recent share price. We are lowering our 4Q16 EPS estimate to $0.63 from $0.85, our FY16 estimate to $5.47 from $5.55, our FY17 EPS estimate to $4.78 from $4.90, and our FY18 estimate to $5.42 from $5.47."
Shares of American Airlines closed at $40.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Imperial Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!