Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Imperial Capital reiterated an In-Line rating on American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL), and raised the price target to $43.00 (from $40.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. AAL reported EPS of $1.76, versus estimates of $1.65. The beat was driven by a better than anticipated RASM which declined 2.2% versus expectations for a decline of 4.0%. AAL expects November 2016 to January 2017 domestic RASM to be flat to modestly higher based on current booking trends, confirming commentary by its Big 3 peers.
Analyst Michael Derchin commented, "We are maintaining our In-Line rating and lowering our estimates on higher labor and fuel costs, but increasing our one-year price target on AAL shares to $43 from $40 on higher valuations due to improving unit revenue trends. We now estimate FY17 RASM will increase by 1.0% versus a decline of 1.0% previously. Our price target is about 6% above the recent share price. We are lowering our 4Q16 EPS estimate to $0.63 from $0.85, our FY16 estimate to $5.47 from $5.55, our FY17 EPS estimate to $4.78 from $4.90, and our FY18 estimate to $5.42 from $5.47."
Shares of American Airlines closed at $40.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Imperial Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!