Impax Laboratories (IPXL): Cutting PT To $18 On Teva Price Cuts - RBC
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Randall Stanicky reiterated his Sector Perform rating on shares of Impax Laboratories (NASDAQ: IPXL) but cut his price target to $18 from $30 after the company became the latest manufacturer to report increasing P&L pressure driven by sector headwinds, as the down-cycle move from peak sector profitability continues.
The analyst stated "IPXL's weakness was amplified by a number of company-specific challenges that collectively should take Street forecasts materially lower next year and add more uncertainty as we head into 2017."
The price cut on a handful of acquired TEVA products came following the 8/2 acquisition and comprised 70% of the guidance reduction. That points to 4Q revenue and EPS of ~$221 million and $0.14, which is 21% and 75% below Street pre-3Q levels. The bigger question mark is where gross margin trends are heading into 2017 as the 4Q implied margin is 43% and well below the YTD 51.1%. Each 100 bps on 2016E equates to $0.08 in EPS.
The 2016 guide down and messaging on the call should take 2017E EBITDA forecasts lower and likely leave a decent spread around consensus.
Shares of Impax Laboratories closed at $14.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!