IMAX Corp. (IMAX): Cutting PT On Weak Box Office Results - B.Riley
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
B. Riley analyst, Eric Wold, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) but cut estimates with two-thirds of Q4 in the books and a tough comp on the horizon.
The analyst cut his IMAX Corporation (IMAX) Q4 box office projection after a few disappointments and a more conservative stance for December (which flows into overall estimate reductions for 2016-2018).
The analyst believes the 2016 film slate is not IMAX-friendly and there has been a continued risk to box office projections throughout the year. For investors that can look past short-term slate misses, he believes the outlook for 2017/2018 remains impressive (and increasingly 2018 is a likely firm date for Avatar 2) which should drive attractive margin/cash flow expansion for IMAX.
No change to Buy rating but the PT of $41.50 is down from $42.50 on an unchanged multiple on reduced EBITDA estimates.
Shares of IMAX Corporation closed at $32.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
- Newell Brands (NWL): Cutting PT - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesB. Riley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!