IMAX Corp. (IMAX): Cutting PT On Weak Box Office Results - B.Riley
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
B. Riley analyst, Eric Wold, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) but cut estimates with two-thirds of Q4 in the books and a tough comp on the horizon.
The analyst cut his IMAX Corporation (IMAX) Q4 box office projection after a few disappointments and a more conservative stance for December (which flows into overall estimate reductions for 2016-2018).
The analyst believes the 2016 film slate is not IMAX-friendly and there has been a continued risk to box office projections throughout the year. For investors that can look past short-term slate misses, he believes the outlook for 2017/2018 remains impressive (and increasingly 2018 is a likely firm date for Avatar 2) which should drive attractive margin/cash flow expansion for IMAX.
No change to Buy rating but the PT of $41.50 is down from $42.50 on an unchanged multiple on reduced EBITDA estimates.
Shares of IMAX Corporation closed at $32.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Downgrades Chiasma (CHMA) to Underweight
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) to Neutral
- Harley-Davidson (HOG): Raising Below Market PT - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesB. Riley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!