IBM (IBM): More Mixed Results, Cutting PT - Wells Fargo
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Maynard Um, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of IBM (NYSE: IBM) but cut his valuation range to $150 - $160 from $155 to $165 after Q3 results showed another quarter of puts and takes.
The analyst liked:
1) strategic imperatives y/y growth accelerated from prior quarter to 15% at cc driven by cloud (up 42%), mobile (up 19%), analytics (up 14%) and security (up 11%), while social was down 21%
2) Q3 EPS was slightly ahead of our and consensus est. due to lower taxes
3) solutions software revs increased 8% in cc led by analytics (similar benefit from acquisitions as in prior qtr)
4) reiterated FY16 EPS (at least $13.50) and FCF guide (high-end of $11-12B)
5) technology services and cloud platforms (TS&CP) continued to see rev growth driven by integration software (up 4%) and infrastructure services (up 2%) partially offset by support services (down 1%)
1) gross margins were impacted across segments due to continued investments to accelerate transformation
2) excl. the tax benefit, EPS would have been below our/Street estimate
3) intellectual property licensing agreements benefitted the quarter
4) systems hardware sales were below expectations (system z product cycle is in its 7th quarter, storage hardware impacted by shift to software-defined and weak Power systems sales and pricing pressure impacted margins)
5) cognitive solutions gross margins were down and below expectations due to mix shift to software-as-a-services and investments, and 6) GBS consulting remains under pressure (down 5% at cc) due to wind-down of large projects
Shares of IBM closed at $154.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IBM (IBM) Buyback Authorization Lowest in Seven Years - Wells Fargo's Um
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!