Humana (HUM) Update a 'Mixed Bag' - Susquehanna
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Susquehanna analyst Chris Rigg called news today from Humana (NYSE: HUM) at 'Mixed Bag'.
While the upward guidance revision is a positive, the downward revision to the company’s Medicare STAR scores, which will not impact results until 2018, is a substantial negative and more than offsets the upward guidance revision, the analyst said.
"We believe that if HUM cannot successfully mitigate the issue with CMS, it will be at a material enrollment disadvantage relative to its peers," Rigg said. "By way of background, based on the company’s July 31 membership, the percentage of HUM’s membership in 4-Star or higher plans will decline ~46% (0.98 mln members) in 2018, with all other things being equal."
The firm maintained a Neutral rating and price target of $180 on HUM.
Shares of Humana closed at $177.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Yum China Holdings (YUMC) to Buy, Sees Selloff As Buying Opportunity Ahead Of Q4 Report
- Fitbit (FIT): Cutting PT On Demand Concerns - Wedbush
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades 21Vianet (VNET) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!