Hortonworks (HDP) PT Cut to $8 at Cowen on Weak Q2, Outlook
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen analyst J. Derrick Wood reiterated an Market Perform rating and cut his price target on Hortonworks (NASDAQ: HDP) to $8.00 (from $11.00) following weak Q2 results and guidance.
Wood commented, "While the 2Q miss/guide-down was labeled as an execution issue that can be addressed with more sales coverage, there are a number of developments that have elevated our concerns around the sustainability of HDP's pure open-source model. With the stock down sharply AH and the potential to look for a strategic alternative, we remain Market Perform but lower PT to $8."
Shares of Hortonworks closed at $12.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!