Himax Technologies (HIMX) PT Cut to $10 at Baird on Weaker AR Revenue
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst Tristan Gerra lowered his price target on Himax Technologies (NASDAQ: HIMX) to $10.00 (from $12.00) on a lower AR revenue outlook near term. The firm maintained an Outperform rating.
Himax appears to face renewed unit weakness at a key AR customer, which affects the firm's 4Q16 and 2017 forecast, Gerra.
In addition, initial strength in iPhone7 shipments could increase the potential of an inventory correction in the China smartphone supply chain in 1H17, in their view.
"Himax's fundamentals (high barriers of entry, multiple growth drivers including AR/VR, HUD, 3D sensing) remain intact, leading us to maintain our Outperform rating," the analyst said.
The firm cut FY 2016 EPS from $0.46 to $0.45 and FY 2017 EPS from $0.60 to $0.50.
Shares of Himax Technologies closed at $10.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!