Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE): Guidance Could Be Difficult - Wells Fargo
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Maynard Um, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of HP Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) and expects FQ4 results to be ahead of the Street’s expectations for $12.8B/$0.60.
The focus is expected to be on the fundamentals of the core enterprise server and storage segments, as well as commentary around the potential impact of the strengthening dollar on guidance (USD appreciated by a mid-single-digit % against most major currencies since
The analyst believes the midpoint of FQ1 EPS guide could end up below Street’s $0.46 (noting CEO Meg Whitman has not missed a quarter, in part due to conservative guide). To guide midpoint at $0.46, operating margin in Enterprise Services (ES) and Enterprise Group (EG)
would have to be ahead of expectations which the analyst believes could be difficult,
particularly given divestitures of higher margin businesses, as well as seasonality.
Shares of HP Enterprise closed at $23.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Western Digital (WDC): Analyst Day Preview - Susquehanna
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!