Heron Therapeutics (HRTX): Reiterating Outperform Rating Ahead of 4Q Sustol Launch - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Jason Gerberry, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Heron Therapeutics (NASDAQ: HRTX) ahead of a 4Q Sustol launch in chemo induced nausea & vomiting (CINV). Based on a differentiated label claim, the analyst does not anticipate reimbursement access being an issue and management has articulated a viable strategy for dealing with the lack of a permanent J-Code at launch.
The analyst stated "Overall, we believe HRTX scored enough label wins to support our $350m sales forecast by 2022E". No change to the price target of $33.
Sustol was approved for treatment of patients with acute and delayed symptoms of CINV. One of the important label variables sought by HRTX was to become the only drug in its 5Ht3 receptor antagonist class to be indicated for treatment of the sub-population of patients with delayed HEC, e.g. those patients with delayed symptoms (5-days) who received what is considered a highly emetogenic chemo (HEC) regimen. Patients with delayed MEC (moderately emetogenic chemo) and HEC account for 60% and 20% of competitor Aloxi prescriptions, or 2m units. HRTX effectively got a delayed HEC label claim, although the wording in the package insert reflects a distinction that Sustol is only to be used in HEC regimens where Sustol was studied -- known as AC regimens (anthracycline & cyclophosphamide) and not cisplatin regimens. To put this is further context, approximately 93% of Aloxi usage is in AC-based chemo regimens.
Shares of Heron Therapeutics closed at $20.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!