Harley-Davidson (HOG) Dealers Love the New 'Milwaukee-Eight' Engine - BMO
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Gerrick Johnson reiterated his Outperform rating and $66 price target on Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG) following "extremely positive" dealer feedback following the recently introduced 2017 motorcycle models.
"Our dealer contacts were unanimous in their praise of the new Milwaukee-Eight engine, the centerpiece of the 2017 model year introductions," Johnson notes. "Dealers note the superior power and noticeably better performance, particularly in conjunction with a suspension change in touring models. Dealers view the Milwaukee-Eight engine as a huge step forward for Harley while staying close to its roots."
While positive, Johnson notes they are still waiting for customer reaction. "At the outset, HOG's new 2017 model lineup seemed to be generating more customer curiosity than sales, although dealers note a more favorable response from customers once they completed a demo ride. Dealers are also reporting significant increases in demo rides, which is leading to an uptick in sales. While sales are good and we are encouraged, we are not surprised they are not better, as Harley riders are sometimes hesitant to be the first to buy new, unproven product. We believe there is significant pent-up demand for these new models, and we expect the release of this demand to occur at a measured pace, accelerating into 4Q and 2017 once the Milwaukee-Eight motorcycles spend more time (ideally problem-free) on the road."
Shares of Harley-Davidson closed at $52.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Bill Barrett (BBG) to $9; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!