HP, Inc. (HPQ): Weak Guidance Offsets Upside - RBC
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, Amit Daryanani, reiterated his Sector Perform rating on shares of HP, Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) after the company reported strong upside to the Oct-qtr revenue and FCF driven by better than expected PC performance particularly on the consumer side which enabled y/y total revenue growth.
The results were encouraging but the company guided Jan-qtr EPS below Street at the midpoint reflecting a FH2:17 weighted Supplies trajectory toward stabilization. Management also maintained its FY17 outlook provided last month at the Analyst Day. The analyst thinks areas of concern among investors will be: 1) non-linear supplies recovery vs. expectations for steady progress, 2) potential for PC component shortages negatively impacting margins, and 3) general macro uncertainty (a worsening macro would have an outsized impact on the higher margin supplies business).
The analyst would be more constructive on the name in a scenario where HPQ sustains continued PC performance and reaches Supplies revenue inflection sooner than expected, resulting in FCF upside.
No change to the $16 target.
Shares of HP, Inc. closed at $15.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!