HP, Inc. (HPQ): PCs Better But May Not Be Sustainable - BMO
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst, Tim Long, reiterated his Market Perform on HP, Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) after the company issued weaker than expected guidance on its earnings call. Management took down the high end of the full-year guidance range in anticipation of increased placement of low-margin printer hardware, with the expectation that this will drive the supply of sales in later quarters.
Revenue was $11.9 billion, higher than our/consensus estimates of $11.3 billion/$11.4 billion. Similarly, EPS was $0.48, above consensus of $0.44, and higher than the previous outlook of $0.43-$0.46. Most of the upside was driven by faster-than-expected progress on the divestiture, pulling some of the gains from Q4 into Q3.
HPQ gained 180 bps of market share in the global PC market, on strong demand for gaming PCs and Chromebooks. Segment revenues were flat y/y, representing the best growth performance since early FY15. However, the analyst remains concerned that the broader market continues to decline and revenue growth is going to remain firmly negative.
PT goes to $13 from $12 on 8x FY2017 EPS.
We remain on the sidelines given the headwinds in both end markets.price target of $13.00
Shares of HP, Inc. closed at $14.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on ManpowerGroup (MAN) Following 3Q Surprise
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD): Cutting PT On Expected Guide Down - Wells Fargo
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Microsoft (MSFT) to $65 Following 1Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!