HP, Inc. (HPQ): PCs Better But May Not Be Sustainable - BMO
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Tim Long, reiterated his Market Perform on HP, Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) after the company issued weaker than expected guidance on its earnings call. Management took down the high end of the full-year guidance range in anticipation of increased placement of low-margin printer hardware, with the expectation that this will drive the supply of sales in later quarters.
Revenue was $11.9 billion, higher than our/consensus estimates of $11.3 billion/$11.4 billion. Similarly, EPS was $0.48, above consensus of $0.44, and higher than the previous outlook of $0.43-$0.46. Most of the upside was driven by faster-than-expected progress on the divestiture, pulling some of the gains from Q4 into Q3.
HPQ gained 180 bps of market share in the global PC market, on strong demand for gaming PCs and Chromebooks. Segment revenues were flat y/y, representing the best growth performance since early FY15. However, the analyst remains concerned that the broader market continues to decline and revenue growth is going to remain firmly negative.
PT goes to $13 from $12 on 8x FY2017 EPS.
We remain on the sidelines given the headwinds in both end markets.price target of $13.00
Shares of HP, Inc. closed at $14.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!