HP, Inc. (HPQ): PCs Better But May Not Be Sustainable - BMO
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Tim Long, reiterated his Market Perform on HP, Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) after the company issued weaker than expected guidance on its earnings call. Management took down the high end of the full-year guidance range in anticipation of increased placement of low-margin printer hardware, with the expectation that this will drive the supply of sales in later quarters.
Revenue was $11.9 billion, higher than our/consensus estimates of $11.3 billion/$11.4 billion. Similarly, EPS was $0.48, above consensus of $0.44, and higher than the previous outlook of $0.43-$0.46. Most of the upside was driven by faster-than-expected progress on the divestiture, pulling some of the gains from Q4 into Q3.
HPQ gained 180 bps of market share in the global PC market, on strong demand for gaming PCs and Chromebooks. Segment revenues were flat y/y, representing the best growth performance since early FY15. However, the analyst remains concerned that the broader market continues to decline and revenue growth is going to remain firmly negative.
PT goes to $13 from $12 on 8x FY2017 EPS.
We remain on the sidelines given the headwinds in both end markets.price target of $13.00
Shares of HP, Inc. closed at $14.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- Nu Skin (NUS) PT Trimmed to $55 at Jefferies Following Management Changes as Guidance Can Weigh
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!