HP, Inc. (HPQ): Earnings Preview - Wells Fargo
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Maynart Um, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of HP, Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) and expects FQ4 rev/EPS to be in line with street consensus ($11.8B/$0.37) and at the high end of guidance ($0.34-$0.37).
PCs have been stabilizing and the analyst expects sell-through to be more important heading into 2017. The pace of declines have slowed in Printing and the analyst thinks the impact of recent Yen weakness bears watching.
Despite end-market pressures, the analyst expects HP to manage costs and margin. While there are few catalysts to drive upside, the analyst believes shares also have limited downside risk given FCF generation and a 3.2% dividend yield.
The analyst believes HPQ's strategy to focus on PC profitability, reinvesting into its printer business to drive supplies growth, focus on the A3 market (Samsung acq.), and supplies business model change is the right one though the payback is still further out.
No change to the valuation range of $14 - $15.
Shares of HP, Inc. closed at $15.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Dougherty & Co Starts CardioNet (BEAT) at Buy
- Wedbush Maintains Neutral View on Smith & Wesson (SWHC) as Outlook Moderates Post Election
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!