HCP, Inc. (HCP): The Spin Benefit Is In The Price - UBS
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Nick Yulico, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of HCP (NYSE: HCP) since the current valuation factors in the bulk of the benefit from HCP's plan to spin off its skilled nursing assets.
The analyst went on to state that key takeaways from 2Q results include:
1) Cash SSNOI guidance for FY16 was unchanged at 1.5%-2.5%.
2) The focus remains on HCR ManorCare until that portfolio is spun out as its own entity (Quality Care Partners, or QCP)
3) HCRMC's 2Q EBITDAR was flat q/q, but TTM fixed charge coverage was barely
above 1.0x (1.03x vs. 1.06x in 1Q).
4) EBITDAR at HCRMC remains under pressure due to tough operator occupancy and a shift to managed care.
The price price target increases to $38.00 from $35.00.
Shares of HCP closed at $39.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!