H.C. Wainwright Starts SteadyMed (STDY) at Buy; Sees High Likelihood of IPR Ruling in Favor of Company
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
H.C. Wainwright initiates coverage on SteadyMed (NASDAQ: STDY) with a Buy rating and a price target of $10.00.
Analyst Andrew Fein commented, "We believe that SteadyMed and its disposable treprostinil pump offer an atypical biotech investment opportunity which leverages the recent challenges and apparent decline of the Remodulin brand (weakening sales, IP vulnerability and legal settlements). Instead of the usual clinical, regulatory and commercial hoops that a typical biotech company must typically jump through, we believe that the main wager in play is a legal one: SteadyMed’s legal challenge of a United Therapeutics’ (UTHR; Neutral rated) key treprostinil patent. Based on our deep dive into the ongoing Inter Partes Review (IPR), a relatively new and unconventional method of IP challenge, we believe that there is a high likelihood for a ruling in favor of SteadyMed by next spring, or alternatively, a possibility for a value-driving settlement and/or business development in the interim. In anticipation of such legal win on the IPR front, with company's planned approval filing via the 505(b)(2) pathway in 1Q16, and de-risked regulatory and commercial prospects, we are initiating coverage with a Buy rating and $10 price target."
Shares of SteadyMed closed at $3.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Fortive (FTV) at Perform
- Neurocrine Bio. (NBIX) PT Lowered to $56 at Jefferies Amid Adult Tourette's Data
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Qualcomm (QCOM) Following FTC Complaint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!