H.C. Wainwright Starts Mirna, Inc. (MIRN) at Buy
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
H.C. Wainwright initiated coverage on Mirna, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIRN) with a Buy rating and a price target of $6. Analyst Shaunak Deepak sees an attractive entry point.
"We believe the current MIRN share price offers an attractive entry point for long-term investors, as the stock is trading well below the $73M June cash position. Mirna’s first-in-class microRNA (miRNA) drug candidate MRX34 has shown confirmed clinical activity in advanced cancer patients," said Deepak.
The analyst added, "We believe Mirna has interesting technology and a drug candidate that has demonstrated durable efficacy in advanced cancer patients with limited therapeutic options. We believe the recent sell-off following the announcement of a third patient death on MRX34 and a delay in Phase 2 timelines may represent an attractive entry point for investors with a long-term investment horizon (1+year) as the stock is trading well below Mirna’s current cash position. In delaying its Phase 2 trials until late-2017, Mirna modified its previously aggressive plan to initiate these trials prior to final readout of its Phase 1b trial. We believe the adjustment in the Phase 2 timeline is prudent, as it enables the company to complete its ongoing Phase 1 study and potentially inform future development of MRX34 with data from the upcoming translational study that will seek to further characterize the drug’s activity in patients and may provide biomarker information. We believe Mirna is taking an appropriate path to further characterize the nature of MRX34, one that could ultimately provide a more compelling clinical profile for the compound."
Shares of Mirna, Inc. closed at $2.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Williams Partners LP (WPZ) to Outperform
- Aegis Capital Assumes Concert Pharmaceuticals (CNCE) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!