H.C. Wainwright Downgrades Vertex (VRTX) to Neutral
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
H.C. Wainwright downgraded Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $85. Analyst Andrew Fein said fundamentals are "slipping."
"Unfortunately, despite the company’s reactive deal making in the last year (and despite our misplaced optimism), we believe that VRTX may have done too little too late in order to transform its early Kalydeco success into a multimodal CF hegemony. We have all seen VRTX once before lose everything in the HCV space, in our view, due to failure to adapt to change and stay competitive. While we are not saying that a collapse of similar proportions is likely in CF, we nonetheless suspect that VRTX is no longer well positioned to remain the leader of the pack in the future," said Fein.
Shares of Vertex closed at $80.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!