H.C. Wainwright Downgrades Vertex (VRTX) to Neutral
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
H.C. Wainwright downgraded Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $85. Analyst Andrew Fein said fundamentals are "slipping."
"Unfortunately, despite the company’s reactive deal making in the last year (and despite our misplaced optimism), we believe that VRTX may have done too little too late in order to transform its early Kalydeco success into a multimodal CF hegemony. We have all seen VRTX once before lose everything in the HCV space, in our view, due to failure to adapt to change and stay competitive. While we are not saying that a collapse of similar proportions is likely in CF, we nonetheless suspect that VRTX is no longer well positioned to remain the leader of the pack in the future," said Fein.
Shares of Vertex closed at $80.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!