H&R Block (HRB): Raising PT After Earnings - BMO
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Jeffrey Silber, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) after the company reported FY1Q17 adjusted EPS of $(0.55) vs. $(0.35), roughly in line with the consensus. Much of the annual variance was due to changes from the H&R Block Bank divestiture (September 2015), which reduced certain revenue streams (e.g., investment income), while cost cuts were mostly offset by additional amortization and rent expense from prior franchise repurchases.
After studying last season's results, management stated the sluggish performance was a new client issue, as retention was relatively stable. Job one is to arrest the total client decline, per management.
The analyst stated "Given this is a seasonally light quarter, it's tough to read much from FY1Q17 results, in our view. Management did note the the majority of its planned cost reductions will occur after FY1Q17, and it remains laser-focused on executing a successful tax season."
Looking through the messy quarter, the analyst raised his price target to $24 from $23.
Shares of H&R Block closed at $24.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Gildan Activewear (GIL) Following Investor Meetings
- BTIG Downgrades Essent Group (ESNT) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!