Guggenheim Remains Positive on Zoetis (ZTS) as CFO Departs for Valeant (VRX)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Guggenheim is out with commentary on recent CFO changes at Zoetis (NYSE: ZTS) and Valeant. The firm rates Zoetis at Buy with a price target of $60.
Analyst Louise Chen comemnted,
In Specialty Pharma it seems as if conservation of mass applies to senior leadership changes within the industry. Yesterday evening, Zoetis announced that Glenn David, SVP of Finance Operations, has been named CFO. The former CFO, Paul Herendeen, has joined Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX). We view this as very positive for Valeant given Paul's demonstrated record of success with ZTS and Warner Chilcott (acquired by Allergan), but we think most of Paul's work to increase the efficiency of ZTS's earnings potential has been completed. Therefore, we believe Glenn David should be experienced enough to continue Paul's work going forward. Glenn was acting CFO while ZTS was transitioning from its first CFO to Paul Herendeen. Therefore, he is known to the investment community and the feedback was positive regarding his work.
We had a chance to speak to Juan Ramon, CEO, Glenn David, CFO, Steve Frank, IR, as well as other members of the management team at ZTS this morning. In summary, the team was enthusiastic that Glenn is the right person to take Paul's place, and the financial guidance given about two and half weeks ago remains intact, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
- Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Microsoft (MSFT) Following Strong 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Changes
Related EntitiesEarnings, Louise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!